Friday, July 16, 2010

two hundred fifty six.

It's 3 AM and I am just getting home from seeing INCEPTION. The beauty of it is that the film didn't even seem half the length it was. A good movie can usually be defined by how long it feels. INCEPTION was incredible. I'm half asleep writing this so excuse how strange it may come across. It took me about an hour into INCEPTION to even fully grasp what was happening and I loved that. I don't want to ruin the ending because I want everyone to see it, but I will say that I fully back it. Maybe it's the delirious feeling I was in from being so tired, the extra butter seeping into my veins from my popcorn, all the recent happiness in my life turned into euphoria, the blood flow getting cut off from my new jeans, or maybe I'm just crazy...but the movie made me feel like I was living in a dream state for a moment. Pushing down the road at 2:45 AM on my skateboard with no cars driving on the normally crowded streets made me feel like I was manufacturing my current position in my mind. Such a wild feeling goes on in your head when you are flying down a hill half asleep but still managing to balance. As I'm typing this I am still in a weird state of mind thinking that maybe I am in a dream. I really hope that I'm not because I love everything that has been happening lately. Please if this is a dream, let me stay asleep forever so I can live happily.